The Exclusive Appeal of a Private Island Getaway
There are many reasons why people seek the allure of a private island. And, while it sounds glamorous; like a vacation destination reserved for the rich and famous, there are some private island choices which are very affordable for us average people!
Even if a private island getaway is a little more expensive than your local Marriott (and in some cases it’s not) … the benefits of staying in a private island resort will make it well worth the money.
I must clarify, when I say “private island resort” I am referring to small, remote destinations where the resort is the entire island.
Here are a few of the reasons I recommend considering this unique option for your next vacation getaway.
Why You Should Book a Private Island Getaway
- Less people – When I was thinking about where I wanted to go for my honeymoon a few years ago, I imagined a ton of different scenarios. I looked at resorts in Italy, Paris, Hawaii…. But the one thing I kept coming back to was I didn’t want to spend my honeymoon in some huge commercial resort with thousands of people. I might as well book a cruise at that point. While there is nothing wrong with the all-inclusive vacation resort or a honeymoon cruise, it simply was not what I personally envisioned. By selecting a small, intimate resort, Mark and I had less external stimulation and more private time. This was our honeymoon after all.
- More personal attention – Less people also equates to more personal attention. The staff and management at a smaller resort will have more time to invest extra interest in you. Instead of being just being a room number or a faceless guest, you create relationships with the owners and staff which often last beyond your stay. As the resident Innkeepers at the Inn at Cuckolds Lighthouse, we have forged incredible friendships. We have been invited into former guests homes and they have visited us in Florida or followed us to Urraca Private Island in Panama.
- A unique environment – While many resorts and hotels think they are special and unique, they can all kind of blend into one another, with just certain amenities setting them apart. On the other hand, a small, private island resort is an experience you are likely to never forget! Each of the resorts where we serve as innkeepers are unique one of a kind properties you won’t find anywhere else in the world!
- 360 degree views – the word island already indicates you are surrounded by water. How can your ocean views get any better than when they are 360 degrees. No matter where you look you can see and hear waves crashing!
- It’s a PRIVATE ISLAND – Did you actually need the first four reasons???? There is a reason the rich and famous seek private islands. They live on them. They vacation on them. The great appeal of the private island resort getaway is simple to relate to and yet super achievable! Be the envy of your friends while you vacation like the rich and famous on your next getaway on a private island.